So it seems that with the blossom blooming and the sun shining, it is not only nature that coming out of hibernation but so is my inspiration! It’s hard to believe how much the sun has an impact on us as happy people, but as I walk around, on my hundredth sleep walk this year, people seem happier, well some! (Some people really need to learn to how to smile!Geez!They need some more sun!)
You can feel people starting to come out more, be up for more and generally happier. I wonder if its to do with the fact that children can now come out to play, what do you think Mummas?!
So as I wondered the paths of the beautiful Anglesey Abbey surrounded by gorgeous blue bells and blossom lots of ideas for events sprung to mind!
Events that might include some making with artists, some knot knitting, some gin drinking, some book reading and some playing with flowers! Fancy it?!
With Spring now here and lots of talk of Easter all I’m thinking about is food and chocolate, what’s new I hear you say! My bubba and I love cooking together and thought we’d share a recent recipe to try at home too:
Easter Egg Brownies
- 185g unsalted butter
- 185g dark chocolate
- 3 eggs
- 275g golden caster sugar
- 85g plain flour
- 40g cocoa powder
- 3 cadburys creme eggs (or your favourite equivalent!)
- 150g mini eggs (again go with your favourite!)
- Sprinkles, edible glitter, go crazy, more is better!
- Melt chocolate and butter together and allow to cool.
- Heat oven, 180c/160c fan/gas4
- Grease and line 20cm square tin
- Whisk eggs and caster sugar together until double the size.
- Fold in melted chocolate
- Sieve the flour and cocoa powder into the eggs and chocolate
- Pour into tin and bake for 20mins
- Cut up the creme eggs, and smash the other mini eggs in a postal and mortar (pent up anger? Here you go!)
- After 20 mins take the brownies out and push the creme eggs and mini eggs into the brownies. Bake for 5mins
- Once baked allow to cool and put in fridge to firm up
- Cut up and sprinkle more eggs, melted chocolate, glitter!! Put some cute fluffy chics on too if you like?!
- Take a picture!
Send us some pictures via Facebook and instagram. Tag #mummacake we’d love to see your creations!
Here’s some cakes picked from a few past events! Mummas and More events wouldn’t be the same unless accompanied by some expert mumma cake creations! It’s great having great cake-maker friends! So always know, if you come to one of our events, there will always be cake!